Stress factors are on the rise for Minnesota farmers. Many face financial problems, price and marketing uncertainties, farm transfer issues, production challenges, and more. You may know farmers who are struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, burnout, feelings of indecision, or suicidal thoughts.
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is partnering with a number of other organizations to offer a free, three hour workshop to help agricultural advisors (and others who work with farmers) recognize and respond when they suspect a farmer or farm family member might need help.
Workshops will be held in six locations in Greater Minnesota, starting January 30, 2018.
- January 30, 2018 at Ridgewater College, Willmar, MN
- January 31, 2018 at Southwest Minnesota State University, Marshall, MN
- February 21, 2018 at Riverland Community College, Austin, MN
- February 22, 2018 at South Central College, North Mankato, MN
- March 14, 2018 at Itasca Community College, Grand Rapids, MN
- March 15, 2018 at Northland Community and Technical College, Thief River Falls, MN
Printable brochure: Down on The Farm: Supporting Farmers in Stressful Times
Please register for a session online: www.mdadownonthefarm.eventbrite.com