The Courthouse is open to the public. For those that do not want to come into the building, Lac qui Parle County has installed a drop box located at the East handicap entrance of the courthouse. This box may be used to drop off documents, abstracts, notorized birth/death applications, or paperwork related to any office within the Courthouse. The box will be checked daily.
All Real Estate documents, either paper or e-recordings, will be processed until 4:00 p.m. of the current day. Any documents submitted after that time, will be processed the following day.
Please check the following BEFORE SENDING in for recording:
- Document Dated
- Document Signed
- Acknowledgement needs: date, legible notary seal, notary signature, notary commission expire date, names & marital status (single or husband and wife) of signatures being acknowleged, If Corporate acknowledgement (Business name, who signes, & their titles)
- Legal Desciption (Check to see if complete)
- Exhibits are attached
- "Drafted by" include name & address
- Filing Fees
- White-out is unacceptable on any legal documents.
- State Deed Tax
- Completed eCRV (Certificate of Real Estate Value) & eCRV number stated on deed
- "Send Tax Stements to" include name & address
- No Delinquent taxes due
- If split in tax parcel – all current taxese must be paid.
- If applicable, statement regarding "Total consideration for this transfer is $3,000 or less" (Enclose $1.65 Deed Tax)
Completed Well Certficate and $50 OR one of the following statements:
"The Seller certifies that the seller does not know of any wells on the described real property."
"I am familiar with the property described in this instrument and I certify that the status and the number of wells on the described real proeprty have not chagned since the last previously filed well disclosure certificate."
Real Estate Recording (eRecording options are provided below)
- Most documents: $46.00 in the Abstract index. Assignment and Release documents which contain more than 4 references to existing records are an add'l $10.00 per reference after first 4. Contact 320-598-3724 for fees to record in the Torrens index.
- PLATS: $56.00
- Well Disclosure Certificate: $50.00 (Download form or Upload eWell Cert or Look up existing well filings)
eRecording Real Estate documents (in Abstract only)
Following Providers for Lac qui Parle County:
Please contact an “eVendor” from the list above to establish an account and begin eRecording the following instrument types:
- Appoint/Power of Attorney
- Transfer on Death Deed
eCRV (Certficate of Real Estate Value)
Any real estate transfer documents that require a Certificate of Real Estate Value must include an eCRV number stated on the document/deed. The Mn Dept. of Revenue no longer permits the County to accept paper CRV effective 9/30/2014. Please visit the MnDOR website to access the online eCRV forms. See also this helpful worksheet that may aid in collecting all the correct data for eCRV entry: eCRV data worksheet.pdf or eCRV worksheet.doc
Online Real Estate Record Access (enhanced service)
- Lac qui Parle County provides an online subscription service to access our Abstract Real Estate Record images and indexes through our "iDoc" program. Establish your LqP iDoc account at www.idocmarket.com.
- iDoc has limitations for digital indexing, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional resources. Requests for materials and resources that you are unable to locate online will be processed at our earliest availability.
Documents (paper or image): $1.00/per-page
Plats (reduced size) (paper or image): $3.00/per-record
Plats (print to full size paper): $10.00 /per-record
Add certification to full-size paper copy of Plat: $5.00/record
Fax/Email Documents (paper or image): $2.00/page max $10.00/record
Fax/Email Plats: $3.00/record
- Documents: $10.00 each (Certified PLAT $15.00)
Fillable Forms: UCC12 tax lien search order
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC): With exception to UCC12 tax lien search forms and UCC “Fixture Financing Statement” documents intended for Real Estate recording, effective December 1, 2014, MN County Recorders will NO LONGER ACCEPT UCC documents per directive by MN Secretary of State’s Office. All non-Real Estate and non-Tax Lien UCC order activity must be conducted through the SOS office. Please contact www.sos.state.mn.us or by email at email@example.com or 877-551-6767.
Township PLATS (historic) by the U.S. General Land Office
- http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/glo/index.html GLO Historic Plat Map inventory for every Township in Minnesota – a great resource for the original mid-1800's Government Lot designation mapping (note that local County surveyor records and plats may supersede the drawings and computations for distance, bearing and acreage of these Government Lots)
- http://www.mngeo.state.mn.us/glo/History.htm for the history of the Public Land Survey System following the federal Land Ordinance Act of 1785.
- https://glorecords.blm.gov/default.aspx for the U.S. Bureau of Land Management site containing the GLO and original Land Patent archives for much of the United States
Please phone, fax, email, or visit us with any requests and we will find the best way to accommodate your needs. Please note we are able to accept cash, check and CREDIT CARD payments.