Special COVID-19-Related Service Changes and Notes in red
All scheduled Board of Appeal and Equalization meetings will be held as a virtual meeting via telephone. These meetings will be held at the same time as indicated on your valuation notice. You are encouraged to call the Assessor's Office at 320-598-3187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions you have regarding your property valuation or classification.
If you would like to telephone into the meeting, please call 1-312-626-6799. The meeting ID is 544 313 6524 followed by the pound sign.
EM Director Phone: 320-598-7171
EOC Main Line: 320-598-7055
EOC Partially Activated (Level 2): Hours from 9am – 5pm. Please call EOC Main Line for any COVID or County Level service questions.
Please call phone number or email above for special requests.
Building closed to public, but secure drop box is available at building for quick submittal.
If you need assistance or to report a problem, please call the county highway engineer Sam Muntean at 320-598-7252 or county maintenance supervisor Mike Cleveland at 320-894-2483
- Fulfillment of requests for birth records, death records, and existing marriage records, only if submitted by US Mail, courthouse drop-box, or email. Delivery of records only by US Mail. Request forms can be found on the Recorder’s website. Most requests for birth and death records can also be sent to Mn Dept of Health.
- New marriage license issuance is suspended until further notice.
- Real Estate document recording only if submitted by US Mail, courthouse drop-box, or eRecording. See County Recorder’s website for more information http://lqpco.com/index.php/county-recorder/erecording-for-real-estate-documents/
- Real Estate record search and copy services can be access online at www.idocmarket.com with a subscription. Recorder will continue to provide custom services for these needs on a limited access basis by email.
- Notary Public Commission filing only by US Mail or courthouse drop-box, forms signed, with $20 fee included.
- Ministerial Ordination filing – contact County Recorder to make arrangements.
- Military Discharge filing – contact County Recorder to make arrangements.
To protect our community and our workforce, the Lac qui Parle Sheriff’s Office is urging our residents to consider delaying non-essential and / or non-time sensitive visits to the Law Enforcement Center. To make a complaint or to report criminal activity, the public is encouraged to call rather than visit the LEC at 320-598-3720. As always, if you have an emergency, call 911. The Lac qui Parle County Sheriff's Office has suspended, until further notice, these nonessential services at the time:
– Inmate Visiting; inmates can still call family at any time
– Civil fingerprinting for employment purposes, etc.
– Burn permits will only be issued by mail or email, please call 320-598-3720 to request one
– Non-threatening reports will be handled over the phone and will be responded to in person as needed
– Gun Permits – call first to schedule an appointment, will need a copy of course certificate and copy of your driver’s license
Or Take It To The Box drop-off located in the west lobby of the Sheriff’s Office
-Civil process service for non-emergency orders
Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Lac qui Parle County Sheriff