- Septic Tank Maintenance
- Lac qui Parle County Septic System Ordinance
MPCA Licensed Designer, Installers, Inspectors
Note: Please confirm current license status via the MPCA link above
- SSTS Grant Application 2017
- SSTS Winter Agreement for Compliance Inspection
- Septic System Loan Application
- Buyer/Seller Agreement Option
TRANSFER OF PROPERTY REQUIREMENT ADOPTED BY THE LAC QUI PARLE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AS OF MAY 6, 2014
20.06 (4) TRANSFER OF PROPERTY
A. A. Property on which a dwelling is located, or a tract of land on which a structure is required to have an SSTS shall not be transferred or sold unless the parties to the transaction have complied with one of the following: Property on which a dwelling is located, or a tract of land on which a structure is required to have an SSTS shall not be transferred or sold unless the parties to the transaction have complied with one of the following:
1. A current Certificate of Compliance, as provided by Section 20.06(2)(F) or 20.06 (3)(D), LQP
County Land Use Ordinance.
2. A winter agreement, as provided by Section 20.06 (1)(D), LQP County Land Use Ordinance
3. An inspection provided by the seller to the buyer at or before the closing.
4. The parties to the transaction shall specify in the purchase agreement whom shall be
responsible for septic compliance and provide a copy of the agreement to the Department.
B. Exempt Transactions – The inspection need not be completed if the sale or transfer involves the following circumstances:
1. The tract of land is without buildings or contains no dwellings or other buildings with
2. No Certificate of Real Estate Value need be filed with the County Auditor, as per MN
Statues, Chapter 272.115.
3. The sale or transfer completes a contract for deed entered into prior to the effective date
of this Ordinance. This subsection applies only to the original vendor or vendee on such a
4. The property has dwellings or other buildings with running water that are connected to a
municipal wastewater treatment system.