Please see the notice below from the Minnesota DPS-DVS regarding the driver's license extensions ending on March 31, 2021. If you have any questions please call our office at 320-598-7444.
The Lac qui Parle County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office is now offering online Class D Knowledge Exams.
Who: Under 18, bring your blue card, birth certificate, and social security card.
Over 18, bring your valid out-of-state driver’s license and birth certificate.
If you do not have the above documents please call the office for a list of other options.
When: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the Month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: Register at the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, 600 6th Street, Madison, Minnesota.
How: Online; Computers are provided; We are able to test 2 individuals at a time
Fee: The first 2 attempts are free of charge (1 test per day)
Please call the Lac qui Parle County License Center at 320-598-7444 for questions.
Lac qui Parle County Courthouse
600 6th Street, Suite 5
Madison, MN 56256
Main office phone: (320) 598-7444
Fax: (320) 598-3125
License Center Overview
The County Auditor-Treasurer's Office is appointed by the MN Department of Public Safety as an independent Deputy Registrar Office. The Deputy Registrar provides services related to driver's license applications, vehicle title, and registration services. The Auditor-Treasurer's Office also provides, on behalf of the MN Department of Natural Resources, services related to registration of off-highway vehicles, snowmobiles, and boats and watercraft. A summary of the services provided is below.
Minnesota Driver's License Agent
- Driver License/Personal ID Card – 1st time applicant, renewal, and replacement/duplicate
- Exam Station – exams must be scheduled through the Marshall DVS Office by calling (507) 537-7024 or online
- Online Knowledge Testing
- Standard Driver's License
- REAL ID License
- Enhanced Driver's License
- New to state residents
- List of fee
Minnesota Vehicle Title
- Transfer of ownership when purchasing or selling a vehicle
- Collection of Motor Vehicle Sales Tax
- Initial title for new vehicles or new to state
- Duplicate/replacement title requests
- List of fees
Minnesota Vehicle Registration
- Registration renewals and issuance of new/replacement license plates
- Applications for special license plates
- List of fees
MN Department of Natural Resources Registrations