The Lac qui Parle County Environmental Office is a designated Passport Acceptance Facility, under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, with authority to accept passport applications and respond to inquires.
Passport Office Hours
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call in advance due to limited staffing.
Monday through Friday
Lac qui Parle County Environmental Office is located on the Main Floor of the Lac qui Parle County Courthouse, 600 6th Street, Suite #7, Madison, MN 56256.
Information on how to apply for a new or renewal passport, current fees and more may also be found on the U. S. Department of State official website for passport and travel information: travel.state.gov
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON/ IF MINOR UNDER THE AGE OF 16 – BOTH PARENTS MUST APPEAR WITH MINOR
FOR BASIC FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS AND ALL MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 16 – BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed DS-11 Application: USE BLACK INK/DO NOT SIGN Available at our office or online
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: Government Issued (not hospital)
- Driver's License (or other acceptable government-issued photo identification) If applicant is under the age of 16 – both parents must provide a valid Driver's License
- Passport Photo: From any Photography Studio or any select retail store
Fee Payment to U.S. Department of State: Check or Money Order Only – Cash cannot be submitted with the application nor can debit/credit cards be used.
- Passport Book: If over the age of 16: $110.00 / Minors: $80.00 Additional $60.00 to Expedite
- Passport Card: If over the age of 16: $30.00 / Minors: $15.00 Additional $60.00 to Expedite
- Fee Payment to Lac qui Parle County: $35.00 (Execution Fee)