The Lac qui Parle County Environmental Office is a designated Passport Acceptance Facility, under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, with authority to accept passport applications and respond to inquires.
Passport Office Hours
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Lac qui Parle County Environmental Office is located on the Main Floor of the Lac qui Parle County Courthouse, 600 6th Street, Suite #7, Madison, MN 56256.
Information on how to apply for a new or renewal passport, current fees and more may also be found on the U. S. Department of State official website for passport and travel information: travel.state.gov
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON/ IF MINOR UNDER THE AGE OF 16 – BOTH PARENTS MUST APPEAR WITH MINOR
FOR BASIC FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS AND ALL MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 16 – BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed DS-11 Application: USE BLACK INK/DO NOT SIGN Available at our office or online
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: Government Issued (not hospital)
- Driver's License (or other acceptable government-issued photo identification) If applicant is under the age of 16 – both parents must provide a valid Driver's License
- Passport Photo: From any Photography Studio or any select retail store
Fee Payment to U.S. Department of State: Check or Money Order Only – Cash cannot be submitted with the application nor can debit/credit cards be used.
- Passport Book: If over the age of 16: $110.00 / Minors: $80.00 Additional $60.00 to Expedite
- Passport Card: If over the age of 16: $30.00 / Minors: $15.00 Additional $60.00 to Expedite
- Fee Payment to Lac qui Parle County: $35.00 (Execution Fee)