The Marriage License Application process is now available ONLINE! Just visit the website Minnesota's Official Marriage System by clicking the link to the right and select “Start Application”, complete all fields, print your application (or capture your application reference number) and visit our office to complete the process. If applying at Lac qui Parle County, your license will be valid for a wedding ceremony to occur anywhere within the State of Minnesota, and your official marriage record will always remain at Lac qui Parle County!
What to Bring to Courthouse
- Your Fiancé / Significant Other
- Valid ID for both of you (Drivers License, State ID, Passport, etc.)
- Pre-Marital Education Certificate (if pursuing)
Both applicants must appear to sign at the County Land Records Office.
If one applicant is unable to appear in person, an absentee supplement affidavit may be completed to accompany the application:
- Complete and Sign: Supplement to Marriage License Application
- If an applicant is a convicted felon an desires to change his/her name, please contact us before coming, as additional documentation will be required.
- If an applicant is under the age of 18, please contact us before coming, as additional documentation will be required.