The Assessor’s Office directs, plans, and supervises the appraisal of all property assessments in Lac qui Parle County as directed by Minnesota Statutes and the Department of Revenue to provide an equitable property tax assessment. Property assessments are completed by staff and/or local assessors. Proper licensing and stringent education is required by the Minnesota State Board of Assessors for all who make exemption, classification, or valuation decisions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Verifies & analyzes sales information
- Handles homestead and other special program applications
- Appraises all real and certain types of personal property at market value
- Determines property classifications
- Informs property owners of their value
- Conducts Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meetings