Substance Use Disorder

Substance Use Disorder (SUD) services are available to fee-for-service members, Behavioral Health Fund and MinnesotaCare.

If an individual is not already enrolled with Medicaid and has SUD treatment needs, they may be eligible for services through Behavioral Health Fund (BHF) if they meet clinical and financial eligibility requirements:

  • BHF financial eligibility determinations are made by the member’s tribe or county of residence. For a person to be eligible for BHF, they must meet the financial eligibility guidelines in Behavioral Health Funds (BHF) Eligibility Determination (DHS-6770) (PDF).
  • Clinical eligibility is determined via a comprehensive assessment.
  • Incarcerated individuals who meet financial eligibility guidelines are eligible for payment through the Behavioral Health Fund.
  • Refer members enrolled through a managed care organization (MCO) to their MCO health plans for details on coverage and accessing SUD services.  

SUD treatment coordination may also be available through the county.  Please contact Lac qui Parle County Family Services for more information.